Welcome to Toneshift: The Future of Music, Today! We are a daily review-based magazine focused on experimental/electronic work. We broke ground in 2010, and reinvented ourselves in 2018 to present the most evocative, non-mainstream concepts in sound. Our readers have a great sense of taste so we always offer a curated selection for our those who expect the unexpected. Our ever-shifting focus is to offer the most diverse international scope.
Karl Grümpe, Contributor
Daniel Alexander Hignell, Co-Editor / Contributor
Darren McClure, Social Media Editor / Contributor
Giuseppe Pisano, Co-Editor / Contributor
TJ Norris, Founder / Publisher / Contributor
If you have a tip, or are a budding writer that needs to scratch that itch, if you have made or know of a record that is deserving of critical attention, and fits within our scope, or if you just want to shoot the s*it about anything sound-oriented:
SUBMISSIONS: Before You Submit Your Work!
- Have a look around the site + become familiar with what we review;
- For Digital files: Please send us digital files via email. Or please furnish a Bandcamp code/s or WeTransfer (+ like services) is also acceptable.
- For Physical Copies (LP, CD, Tape) consider sending to us – contact for mailing address.
- Remember to forward your release in advance of drop date;
- We only review full-length releases (no singles, eps, videos, or related announcements).
If your recording is over two months past release date we likely will not review it, but still encourage you to send it along for our archives, we are always open to introductions! We listen to all submissions – but cannot provide individual feedback due to the amount of music we receive on a regular basis. We have a curatorial approach. Please understand that if we do not review your recording it is not a reflection of the quality of your work, there may be other factors at play (time, resources, fit).
- Interview w/Concrete Shelves (Italy)
- Interview w/Ambient Music Guide (Australia)
- Co-Curated ‘Recognition Test (#118)’ w/Unexplained Sounds (Italy)
- Double-Take column w/Badd Press (1 + 2) (Canada)